*Extra Detailing Tutorial for Azone Otogi na Kuni Mermaid Princess Minami doll
* Pico Pico Doll Tutorial for 11cm Obitsu
* Miniature Pintucking Instructions
* Miniature Cupboard Instructions
* Little Dolls and A Forest Story Mini Comic [Petworks Dolls]
* Nendoroid and Obitsu 11cm Hybriding * Tutorial and Clothing Instructions
* Miniature Cookie Tutorial
* Fortune Wanda/ Wonder Frog Catalog
* 2016 Blythe Charity Auction Gallery
* Retro-dresses Liccas and Miniature Vintage Magazine Prop
* [???] One-pieces for KukuClara and Blythe
* Tyrolean One-piece Set for KukuClara
* Bonnet and One-piece for Excellina Jenny
* Dress for Mermaid Princess Minami/ Pure Neemo L
* Prim Jacket, Inner Blouse, Pantoloons for Obitsu 11cm
* [?? Too much kanji can’t read. It’s a jumpsuit] for Momoko
* Pintuck Dress for KukuClara
* Go Out China Girl for Ruruko/Pureneemo XS [Chinese One-piece, Drawers, Petticoat and Hair Ribbons]
* Pucchi Prince Set for Ruruko and Oni-san Set for Jossie and Hitsuji [And Usaggie and Kumaboro etc. Momo Headdress, Momo Blouse, Frill Kabocha Pants, Momo Beret, Oni Headdress, Bikini Top]
* “I Want To Sleep In Your Book” One-piece Set for Momoko [One-piece, Stockings, Pettcoat, Bloomers]
* What is Obitsu-roid? for Obitsu 11 [Tank Top/Cardigan, Sirwal Pants
* High Waist One-piece And Cardigan for Dollfie Dream
(If you repost this list, please give credit and do not use it for profit)
Fur is a main theme but there are other sets.
-Instructions for shelf and shoe boxes
Photo instructions for patterns marked with an *
– Picco Neemo face painting tutorial
– New Year’s Eve Festival manga with the Petswork characters
-Yasuko Anbiru Long Interview, with illustrations and photos of a custom Petworks Jossie as the character Silk.
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Going-out Denim Coordinate: Casual Denim (jeans), Blouse (built in vest), Shawl, Fake Leather Hat
Licca Fur Coat and Hood*
Tyrolean [???] Set for U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite: High Socks, Blouse, Jacket, Apron
Tyrolean Coat Set for U-Noa Quluts Light Azurite: Coat, Sweatpants, High-tech Cotton [Shirt]
[Based on Kanon and Kameno from the manga KISS xxxx by Maki Kusumoto]
Blythe [??] Collab Dress: One Piece, Top Hat
Picco Neemo Ame-chan Kimono and Bonnet [and tabi]
Ruruko and Deconikki [???] Manteau and Hood Manteau and One Piece
IMdadoll 3.0 Apron One Piece and Drawers
Cu-poche Idol Dress Set: [??] One Piece, Tuile One Piece, Frill One Piece, Silk Hat [??] Katyushka [Hairband], Rabbit Katyushka, Ribbon [??] Katyushka
Julia Denim Coat and All-ln-One [Romper, kinda…also Tied Band hairband and Socks.]
Jenny Fake Shirt Skirt Coordinate: Skirt [Looks like it’s a knotted dress shirt], Garland [??] Cotton [Shirt], Beret [??], Margaret [Shrug],
Otorashii Watashi [???] No Silk’s Dress (Jossie Custom Set): One Piece, Apron, Socks
Momoko/ Ruruko Rabbit Ear Cape*
Super Dollfie Rabbit Ear Cape *
Fur Leg Warmers*
* Blythe How to Make: Ruuruutou Rabbit Mask, Chick Tutu Skirt, Flower Fairy Flower Cap, Rabbit Hair, Bird Nest Hat, Obana Fower Head Dress
* History of Ruruko
* Azone International [???] Interview
* Tutorial for Doran Doran Rabbit and Jacklope Reversible One-piece
* Picco Neemo 1/12 eye brow/mouth repaint tutorial
* Mini Chest Tutorial
* School Debut Manga with the Petworks characters getting school uniforms
[??] Momoko One Piece
Doran Doran Reversible One Piece (and socks)
Picco Neemo Cami One Piece (and socks)
YO SD Classical One Piece (and bonnet)
Blythe Ginette Dress
Deconikki School Girl: Jacket, Socks, One Piece, Pants, Vest, Skirt
U-Noa Quluts Azurite Boy’s Set: Jacket, Pantss, T-shirt (raglan sleeves)
U-Noa Quluts Fluorite Girl’s Set: One Piece, Petticoat, Socks
Ruruko Fluffy Bunny: Raglan Sweatshirt, Purse, Shousan (?) Bloomers, Socks, Bunny Hat
Ruruko Sailor [??] Set: Sailor Cardigan, No Sleeve Cotton (shirt), Socks, Colorful Panier (skirt)
Blythe Ruuruu to Rourou no [??]: Green Chu Chu Dress, Rabbit Smock, Rabbit Socks, Rabbit Fuzzy Pants, Tights
Despite the candy colored front, this issue has a heavy emphasis on “granny look”. Long skirts, shawls and knit items.
* Picco Neemo Eye Recolor Tutorial
* Instructions for Card Deck and Low Table
* Piano Recital Comic (Odeco, Nikki, Ruruko, Jossie and Usaggie)
* Momoko Graffiti Gallery
* Dolly Dolly Photo Studio Gallery
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Kimono Set: Kimono, Obi, Kimono Vest, Hair Ornament, Bag
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Maid Uniform: One Piece, Trousers (Boomers), Socks, Apron, Headpiece, Petticoat (Look is based on the Shirley manga by Kaoru Mori)
Picco Neemo No-sleeve One Piece, Hooded Cape
Deconikki Short Pants, Socks, Blouse, Tights, One Piece
Licca No-sleeve One Piece, Faux Leather Jacket (Tutorial included), Fringed Leggings
Pure Neemo S One Piece (Granny Style), Under Skirt, Apron, Knit Stole, Socks, Head Dress
Licca One Piece (Night Gown), Nightcap, Under Skirt
Vintage Blythe One Piece (Granny Style), Knee-high Socks, Babushka
Super Dollfie Girl Granny Style: Fake Fur Shawl, Blouse, Thigh-high Socks, Apron, Long Skirt, Moccasins, Knit Cape, Stole
U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite One Piece (Granny Style), Apron, Stole
Momoko One Piece (Granny Style), Stole, Petticoat
Knitting Instructions for U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite-sized Clothing: Red Cape, Oversize Navy, Double Cable Long Coat, Relax Cardigan, Black Cape, Grayish Beige One Piece
Kikipop Tank Top, Ribbon, Panier Skirt, Tights, Fur Cuffs
* Clip Art for Making Backgrounds
(Link rather than reposting, please)
I was excited about the new Barbie bodies. The articulation looked pretty basic, but the new molds were exciting enough for that not to matter. I just wouldn’t buy as many and I’d avoid the ones with preposed arms.
Then I found out that Mattel had stopped doing click-knees years ago, so the new dolls can only sit like baby dolls. Arrrgh.
I have gotten to a point in my collecting where I have to be choosy-er and ask “Yeah, but what will I DO with it?” Less-articulated dolls have been recieving upgrades of either MtM bodies or Fashionistas. These new Barbies are a step forward in shapes and skintones but a step backwards for articulation.
Petite and Tall? I’d buy my favorites from the line with at least click-knees. I am less interessted in them than Curvy because you can already get dolls taller and shorter than a standard Barbie.
More articulated versions won’t either won’t happen or won’t happen without people buying these ones. I originally said I wouldn’t be buying them for anything other than holiday donations, but…I wonder….is there is any easy way to articulate a Curvy?
Could you cut the joints off an articulated figure, cut the corosponding areas off the Curvy and graft the joints on to the Curvy? If Barbie-sized joints are too small, maybe a male figure?
….Not that they are in stock in the local stores yet, though.
Walmart had the ribbon head-band MLP brushables in, just no Starlight Glimmer. I only saw ONE SG from the ribbon line before it. It’s weird.
I have managed to score more or less all the Pinky-themed minis I wanted, though 😀 (Just the Cakes and Maud, really.)
…Oh yeah! The MLP stuff they displayed at Toy Fair!
I’ll probably partake of some of the Nightmare Night minis. The Guardians of Harmony…eee…I like the idea of Big Spike, but he’s kind of pricey. I like the little armored Spike, but he is only sold with Chrysalis-On-Wheels. The toys I am REALLY interessted? The pearly brushables.
I think the pearly finish looks pretty and sets the Mane Six apart from their other releases. It’s such a basic thing, something the 80’s toys did and the first G3s kind of had as a default. That, and they did the Crystal Empire thing way back…it’s weird that they are only doing pearly ponies now.
(AND! The line has a bunch of new characters! *_* Woo!)
I posted my completed bingo cards on Tumblr, but here is the text version of what I checked off.
* Other Countries: I have dolls from Japan, Korea and China.
* Anthro: I. Love. Anthros. Pinkie Cooper, Hujoo Freya, Petworks Nikki, Peteena, Petworks Kuma Bolo and Usaggie, Coco Tribe, Luts Zuzu Delf, the MH animal-people…it’s best to end list now but I have at least one doll from each of those.
* Period Dress: I keep starting and never finishing (loosely?) historical costumes. I do have a Madame Alexander outfit from a Little Women doll, though, and I had a southern belle outfit that I gave away when I was 12ish. :<
* Older Than Me: Peteena, my G1 Strawberry Shortcakes, most of the G1 MLP, the Davtex doll I found, a Maddie Mod, vintage knock-off Skipper, legit vintage Skooter and Live Action Skipper, my Sindys, Cover Girl Darci…might have missed one or two.
* Childhood Dolls Left: A few survived! Babysitter Skipper, Maxie, Pony Bride, 92’ Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon. Conditions were…mixed.
Multiples of a Character: I have a few Maxies, a few Skippers, the Mane cast of MLP, multiple generations of a few SSC characters, MH Catty Noir, Pullip, Licca, Liccas’s parents, Koby, Eitan and Jade of the Bratz.
* Relationships: Haven’t really thought much on dolly relationships since my heavy Bratz days. One Koby was dating an Eitan, the other was interessted in Dana.
More recent dolls? Licca’s parents and grand parents are, of course, couples. One of my Pullips has a Taeyang boyfriend. Maybe more couples will pop up, as I finish projects.
* Celeb. Dolls: I have an Uno Kanda doll :3 I actually don’t know a lot about her, I got the doll because it was inexpensive, articulated and had a beautiful face print.
* Preorders: My Petworks dolls were all pre-orders. The resin BJDs, I guess? Since they weren’t in hand at the time?
* Dolls Aged 30+: Licca’s parents, grandmothers and grandfather are all 30+. Plus, I have the Happy Family Grandma head on a regular Barbie body.
* Related: THREE GENERATION OF LICCA, BABY! Grandparents, parents, Licca and the siblings. I have 3 of the 3 MH Wolf siblings. My multiple Bratz Kobys were related, as where the Eitans.
* Furniture: A fair amount, between what I’ve bought and what I have made. I am trying to do more MAKING, lately. (*COUGH*MyFroggyStuff*COUGH*
* 14+ Joints: Volks Dollfie 27cm and three piece Obitsus. ‘Nuff said.
* Bought For Clothing: I don’t do often because I usually don’t see good enough deals to justify getting a doll and getting rid of the doll it’self. I did mercilessly buy and strip the cheaper High School Musical dolls, though. And there was a Kari Mitchell doll who hit the donation bag as soon as I got home.
* NRFB: The first MH Catty Noir and a Sega Kohran Li from Sakura Wars are permenantly chilling in their boxes.
* Buying Miniatures: A decent collection :3 I am making a better effort to sort my props by type (hello Rainbow Loom boxes!) and keep a running catalog of what I have, to avoid buying things identical to what I already have. (NO. MORE. WINE BOTTLES.) I really like Re-Ment and Orcara (Art of Wine, Fruits and Cooking with Master as full sets! Yay!) but I keep my eye out for things that aren’t being sold specifically for dolls but work. Like “3D cabochons”. I am also trying to MAKE more things.
* Gotten Someone Else To Join: Yup! She’s not really into dolls anymore but a regular friend did end up a dolly friend for a bit 😀
* 100+ Dolls?: Uh, yes. I keep a catalog of which dolls I have and population numbers. I have, indeed, passed 100 and made Adult Choices ™ to prune a bit.
* Anime-Style: Only most of them :3 I like a “cute adult” type look and anime-style dolls fit the bill.
* Wings: Rochelle, the Gargoyle CAM and some WIP fairies.
* Blogging: Tumblr and this main WordPress 😀
* Rerooting: Heck yah, I have rooted a doll! I have rooted quite a few. I have never sold a reroot, though, because I worry that it’s not up to snuff. I use the knot method so, while there is no glue in the head, there are a lot of knots. I HAVE done the locked-loop method, but it takes me a ridiculous amount of time and I keep dropping loops. :<
* Head Shrinking: I have shrunk a number of test heads. I have a couple that I plan to try at some point in the future.
* Sculpting from Scratch: I have actually tried to sculpt a doll twice. One was suposed to be a 1/6 version of the Super Dollfie body and one was when I never thought I’d be able to buy a Blythe or Licca. Both were sculpted based on measurements to be about the right size. I had problems making the ball-joints for the tiny SD and the Licca-size doll’s torso ended up broken. Both ended up in the trash. I’ll try again some day, though.
* Tatoos: I gave an action figure a bunch of them with a dollar store fake tattoo sheet. When I was just starting customizing, I painted a few directly on a Barbie and sealed them with clear nailpolish that later went gooey -_-
* Wigs: I have made wigs with hot glue in the past and yarn and I am messing around with latex mold maker and mohair now. It all goes south at the part. I can’t seem to do it without the latex making it look all gross. (I also tried hard cap wig making but had a similar problem, just with epoxy glue on my hands)
* Rooted Lashes: I have rooted lashes on a few dolls :3 I like to use nylon because it’s usually stiffer than saran.
* Hair Transplant: Back when I couldn’t get new doll hair, I did try using some hair off a doll with a messsed up face. The hair wasn’t in very good condition, though, so it wasn’t that great. Lately, I have harvested nylon from baited MLP to fill in bangs for others, since you can’t buy exact matches,
* Scars/Injuries/Gore Mods: When I first started, I customized a doll store doll with scars. I made them LAVENDER. I was going for that faded purple-y look some older scars have.
*Shoes: I have made a few pairs of sandals (foam or cork), slippers (foam and fleece) and boots out of felt. Attempts at doing legit looking boots or flats have failed, so far.
* Eyes: I have made doll eyes using the DIY kits and I made Animetic-style eyes using polymer clay and Blythe chips.
* I have made food items with polymer clay or Model Magic. Books, present boxes, a spear…um…I made an attempt at sculpting a sewing machine. I unearthed a poorly-made Game Boy from back when I collected Bratz 😀
* Mod for Posing: I shaved the back of someone’s knee…but whose what it? I have also taken apart a couple doll parts to unstick a moving part.
* Sock Clothing: I have been buying up dollar store socks to make wee sweaters, lately. I need to get more of them finished…
* Adding/Removing Body Parts: I have a partially finished Rin Tezuka doll. Rin doesn’t have lower arms, so the arms had to be modified and rounded off.
* Repainting I have repainted dolls. I stopped because I felt like they never turned out right (which is the oposite of what you do to get better….)
* Resculpting Faces: I have a partially finished fantasy Dwarf doll whose face is entirely resculpted and a shrunken My Scene head with the beginnings of a muzzle.
* Making Furniture: I have made a bunch of chairs, couches, some flower boxes, a bed (that broke :<), a bench, eeee…probably other things.
* Natural Fiber: I have rerooted with mohair a few times :3 Probably the only natural fiber I’ll try, apart from felted wool dreadlocks (Ugh! They take so long!)
* Big Head to Bigger Body: My rerooted Ddung head is on a Moxie Girlz body, instead of her original tiny one. I have a rerooted Mame Momoko head on an Obitsu body I need to photograph, too.
* Non Fabric Clothing: Tissue paper dress!
(Stuff in blue is what I’ll try in the future. Decals and a 3+ hybrid body. I already have the decals, so that will happen much sooner.)