I posted my completed bingo cards on Tumblr, but here is the text version of what I checked off.
* Other Countries: I have dolls from Japan, Korea and China.
* Anthro: I. Love. Anthros. Pinkie Cooper, Hujoo Freya, Petworks Nikki, Peteena, Petworks Kuma Bolo and Usaggie, Coco Tribe, Luts Zuzu Delf, the MH animal-people…it’s best to end list now but I have at least one doll from each of those.
* Period Dress: I keep starting and never finishing (loosely?) historical costumes. I do have a Madame Alexander outfit from a Little Women doll, though, and I had a southern belle outfit that I gave away when I was 12ish. :<
* Older Than Me: Peteena, my G1 Strawberry Shortcakes, most of the G1 MLP, the Davtex doll I found, a Maddie Mod, vintage knock-off Skipper, legit vintage Skooter and Live Action Skipper, my Sindys, Cover Girl Darci…might have missed one or two.
* Childhood Dolls Left: A few survived! Babysitter Skipper, Maxie, Pony Bride, 92’ Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon. Conditions were…mixed.
Multiples of a Character: I have a few Maxies, a few Skippers, the Mane cast of MLP, multiple generations of a few SSC characters, MH Catty Noir, Pullip, Licca, Liccas’s parents, Koby, Eitan and Jade of the Bratz.
* Relationships: Haven’t really thought much on dolly relationships since my heavy Bratz days. One Koby was dating an Eitan, the other was interessted in Dana.
More recent dolls? Licca’s parents and grand parents are, of course, couples. One of my Pullips has a Taeyang boyfriend. Maybe more couples will pop up, as I finish projects.
* Celeb. Dolls: I have an Uno Kanda doll :3 I actually don’t know a lot about her, I got the doll because it was inexpensive, articulated and had a beautiful face print.
* Preorders: My Petworks dolls were all pre-orders. The resin BJDs, I guess? Since they weren’t in hand at the time?
* Dolls Aged 30+: Licca’s parents, grandmothers and grandfather are all 30+. Plus, I have the Happy Family Grandma head on a regular Barbie body.
* Related: THREE GENERATION OF LICCA, BABY! Grandparents, parents, Licca and the siblings. I have 3 of the 3 MH Wolf siblings. My multiple Bratz Kobys were related, as where the Eitans.
* Furniture: A fair amount, between what I’ve bought and what I have made. I am trying to do more MAKING, lately. (*COUGH*MyFroggyStuff*COUGH*
* 14+ Joints: Volks Dollfie 27cm and three piece Obitsus. ‘Nuff said.
* Bought For Clothing: I don’t do often because I usually don’t see good enough deals to justify getting a doll and getting rid of the doll it’self. I did mercilessly buy and strip the cheaper High School Musical dolls, though. And there was a Kari Mitchell doll who hit the donation bag as soon as I got home.
* NRFB: The first MH Catty Noir and a Sega Kohran Li from Sakura Wars are permenantly chilling in their boxes.
* Buying Miniatures: A decent collection :3 I am making a better effort to sort my props by type (hello Rainbow Loom boxes!) and keep a running catalog of what I have, to avoid buying things identical to what I already have. (NO. MORE. WINE BOTTLES.) I really like Re-Ment and Orcara (Art of Wine, Fruits and Cooking with Master as full sets! Yay!) but I keep my eye out for things that aren’t being sold specifically for dolls but work. Like “3D cabochons”. I am also trying to MAKE more things.
* Gotten Someone Else To Join: Yup! She’s not really into dolls anymore but a regular friend did end up a dolly friend for a bit 😀
* 100+ Dolls?: Uh, yes. I keep a catalog of which dolls I have and population numbers. I have, indeed, passed 100 and made Adult Choices ™ to prune a bit.
* Anime-Style: Only most of them :3 I like a “cute adult” type look and anime-style dolls fit the bill.
* Wings: Rochelle, the Gargoyle CAM and some WIP fairies.
* Blogging: Tumblr and this main WordPress 😀
* Rerooting: Heck yah, I have rooted a doll! I have rooted quite a few. I have never sold a reroot, though, because I worry that it’s not up to snuff. I use the knot method so, while there is no glue in the head, there are a lot of knots. I HAVE done the locked-loop method, but it takes me a ridiculous amount of time and I keep dropping loops. :<
* Head Shrinking: I have shrunk a number of test heads. I have a couple that I plan to try at some point in the future.
* Sculpting from Scratch: I have actually tried to sculpt a doll twice. One was suposed to be a 1/6 version of the Super Dollfie body and one was when I never thought I’d be able to buy a Blythe or Licca. Both were sculpted based on measurements to be about the right size. I had problems making the ball-joints for the tiny SD and the Licca-size doll’s torso ended up broken. Both ended up in the trash. I’ll try again some day, though.
* Tatoos: I gave an action figure a bunch of them with a dollar store fake tattoo sheet. When I was just starting customizing, I painted a few directly on a Barbie and sealed them with clear nailpolish that later went gooey -_-
* Wigs: I have made wigs with hot glue in the past and yarn and I am messing around with latex mold maker and mohair now. It all goes south at the part. I can’t seem to do it without the latex making it look all gross. (I also tried hard cap wig making but had a similar problem, just with epoxy glue on my hands)
* Rooted Lashes: I have rooted lashes on a few dolls :3 I like to use nylon because it’s usually stiffer than saran.
* Hair Transplant: Back when I couldn’t get new doll hair, I did try using some hair off a doll with a messsed up face. The hair wasn’t in very good condition, though, so it wasn’t that great. Lately, I have harvested nylon from baited MLP to fill in bangs for others, since you can’t buy exact matches,
* Scars/Injuries/Gore Mods: When I first started, I customized a doll store doll with scars. I made them LAVENDER. I was going for that faded purple-y look some older scars have.
*Shoes: I have made a few pairs of sandals (foam or cork), slippers (foam and fleece) and boots out of felt. Attempts at doing legit looking boots or flats have failed, so far.
* Eyes: I have made doll eyes using the DIY kits and I made Animetic-style eyes using polymer clay and Blythe chips.
* I have made food items with polymer clay or Model Magic. Books, present boxes, a spear…um…I made an attempt at sculpting a sewing machine. I unearthed a poorly-made Game Boy from back when I collected Bratz 😀
* Mod for Posing: I shaved the back of someone’s knee…but whose what it? I have also taken apart a couple doll parts to unstick a moving part.
* Sock Clothing: I have been buying up dollar store socks to make wee sweaters, lately. I need to get more of them finished…
* Adding/Removing Body Parts: I have a partially finished Rin Tezuka doll. Rin doesn’t have lower arms, so the arms had to be modified and rounded off.
* Repainting I have repainted dolls. I stopped because I felt like they never turned out right (which is the oposite of what you do to get better….)
* Resculpting Faces: I have a partially finished fantasy Dwarf doll whose face is entirely resculpted and a shrunken My Scene head with the beginnings of a muzzle.
* Making Furniture: I have made a bunch of chairs, couches, some flower boxes, a bed (that broke :<), a bench, eeee…probably other things.
* Natural Fiber: I have rerooted with mohair a few times :3 Probably the only natural fiber I’ll try, apart from felted wool dreadlocks (Ugh! They take so long!)
* Big Head to Bigger Body: My rerooted Ddung head is on a Moxie Girlz body, instead of her original tiny one. I have a rerooted Mame Momoko head on an Obitsu body I need to photograph, too.
* Non Fabric Clothing: Tissue paper dress!
(Stuff in blue is what I’ll try in the future. Decals and a 3+ hybrid body. I already have the decals, so that will happen much sooner.)