*Extra Detailing Tutorial for Azone Otogi na Kuni Mermaid Princess Minami doll
* Pico Pico Doll Tutorial for 11cm Obitsu
* Miniature Pintucking Instructions
* Miniature Cupboard Instructions
* Little Dolls and A Forest Story Mini Comic [Petworks Dolls]
* Nendoroid and Obitsu 11cm Hybriding * Tutorial and Clothing Instructions
* Miniature Cookie Tutorial
* Fortune Wanda/ Wonder Frog Catalog
* 2016 Blythe Charity Auction Gallery
* Retro-dresses Liccas and Miniature Vintage Magazine Prop
* [???] One-pieces for KukuClara and Blythe
* Tyrolean One-piece Set for KukuClara
* Bonnet and One-piece for Excellina Jenny
* Dress for Mermaid Princess Minami/ Pure Neemo L
* Prim Jacket, Inner Blouse, Pantoloons for Obitsu 11cm
* [?? Too much kanji can’t read. It’s a jumpsuit] for Momoko
* Pintuck Dress for KukuClara
* Go Out China Girl for Ruruko/Pureneemo XS [Chinese One-piece, Drawers, Petticoat and Hair Ribbons]
* Pucchi Prince Set for Ruruko and Oni-san Set for Jossie and Hitsuji [And Usaggie and Kumaboro etc. Momo Headdress, Momo Blouse, Frill Kabocha Pants, Momo Beret, Oni Headdress, Bikini Top]
* “I Want To Sleep In Your Book” One-piece Set for Momoko [One-piece, Stockings, Pettcoat, Bloomers]
* What is Obitsu-roid? for Obitsu 11 [Tank Top/Cardigan, Sirwal Pants
* High Waist One-piece And Cardigan for Dollfie Dream
(If you repost this list, please give credit and do not use it for profit)
Fur is a main theme but there are other sets.
-Instructions for shelf and shoe boxes
Photo instructions for patterns marked with an *
– Picco Neemo face painting tutorial
– New Year’s Eve Festival manga with the Petswork characters
-Yasuko Anbiru Long Interview, with illustrations and photos of a custom Petworks Jossie as the character Silk.
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Going-out Denim Coordinate: Casual Denim (jeans), Blouse (built in vest), Shawl, Fake Leather Hat
Licca Fur Coat and Hood*
Tyrolean [???] Set for U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite: High Socks, Blouse, Jacket, Apron
Tyrolean Coat Set for U-Noa Quluts Light Azurite: Coat, Sweatpants, High-tech Cotton [Shirt]
[Based on Kanon and Kameno from the manga KISS xxxx by Maki Kusumoto]
Blythe [??] Collab Dress: One Piece, Top Hat
Picco Neemo Ame-chan Kimono and Bonnet [and tabi]
Ruruko and Deconikki [???] Manteau and Hood Manteau and One Piece
IMdadoll 3.0 Apron One Piece and Drawers
Cu-poche Idol Dress Set: [??] One Piece, Tuile One Piece, Frill One Piece, Silk Hat [??] Katyushka [Hairband], Rabbit Katyushka, Ribbon [??] Katyushka
Julia Denim Coat and All-ln-One [Romper, kinda…also Tied Band hairband and Socks.]
Jenny Fake Shirt Skirt Coordinate: Skirt [Looks like it’s a knotted dress shirt], Garland [??] Cotton [Shirt], Beret [??], Margaret [Shrug],
Otorashii Watashi [???] No Silk’s Dress (Jossie Custom Set): One Piece, Apron, Socks
Momoko/ Ruruko Rabbit Ear Cape*
Super Dollfie Rabbit Ear Cape *
Fur Leg Warmers*
* Blythe How to Make: Ruuruutou Rabbit Mask, Chick Tutu Skirt, Flower Fairy Flower Cap, Rabbit Hair, Bird Nest Hat, Obana Fower Head Dress
* History of Ruruko
* Azone International [???] Interview
* Tutorial for Doran Doran Rabbit and Jacklope Reversible One-piece
* Picco Neemo 1/12 eye brow/mouth repaint tutorial
* Mini Chest Tutorial
* School Debut Manga with the Petworks characters getting school uniforms
[??] Momoko One Piece
Doran Doran Reversible One Piece (and socks)
Picco Neemo Cami One Piece (and socks)
YO SD Classical One Piece (and bonnet)
Blythe Ginette Dress
Deconikki School Girl: Jacket, Socks, One Piece, Pants, Vest, Skirt
U-Noa Quluts Azurite Boy’s Set: Jacket, Pantss, T-shirt (raglan sleeves)
U-Noa Quluts Fluorite Girl’s Set: One Piece, Petticoat, Socks
Ruruko Fluffy Bunny: Raglan Sweatshirt, Purse, Shousan (?) Bloomers, Socks, Bunny Hat
Ruruko Sailor [??] Set: Sailor Cardigan, No Sleeve Cotton (shirt), Socks, Colorful Panier (skirt)
Blythe Ruuruu to Rourou no [??]: Green Chu Chu Dress, Rabbit Smock, Rabbit Socks, Rabbit Fuzzy Pants, Tights
Despite the candy colored front, this issue has a heavy emphasis on “granny look”. Long skirts, shawls and knit items.
* Picco Neemo Eye Recolor Tutorial
* Instructions for Card Deck and Low Table
* Piano Recital Comic (Odeco, Nikki, Ruruko, Jossie and Usaggie)
* Momoko Graffiti Gallery
* Dolly Dolly Photo Studio Gallery
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Kimono Set: Kimono, Obi, Kimono Vest, Hair Ornament, Bag
Ruruko/Pure Neemo XS Maid Uniform: One Piece, Trousers (Boomers), Socks, Apron, Headpiece, Petticoat (Look is based on the Shirley manga by Kaoru Mori)
Picco Neemo No-sleeve One Piece, Hooded Cape
Deconikki Short Pants, Socks, Blouse, Tights, One Piece
Licca No-sleeve One Piece, Faux Leather Jacket (Tutorial included), Fringed Leggings
Pure Neemo S One Piece (Granny Style), Under Skirt, Apron, Knit Stole, Socks, Head Dress
Licca One Piece (Night Gown), Nightcap, Under Skirt
Vintage Blythe One Piece (Granny Style), Knee-high Socks, Babushka
Super Dollfie Girl Granny Style: Fake Fur Shawl, Blouse, Thigh-high Socks, Apron, Long Skirt, Moccasins, Knit Cape, Stole
U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite One Piece (Granny Style), Apron, Stole
Momoko One Piece (Granny Style), Stole, Petticoat
Knitting Instructions for U-Noa Quluts Light Fluorite-sized Clothing: Red Cape, Oversize Navy, Double Cable Long Coat, Relax Cardigan, Black Cape, Grayish Beige One Piece
Kikipop Tank Top, Ribbon, Panier Skirt, Tights, Fur Cuffs
* Clip Art for Making Backgrounds
(Link rather than reposting, please)
I now have both Costume Doll Collection and Costume Doll Collection 2. The former I actually got for 90 yen (if you don’t count the shipping), though the latter cost me a fair amount more than that. The weird part is that my copy of the second volume was still cheaper than other places wanted because it had a broken binding. (Looks like someone was scanning the patterns!)
First and foremost, these are catalogs. Big, beautiful photos of what was available at the time they were published (2000). They aren’t really restricted to one particular company, so there’s dolls by Yellow Submarine, Takara, Mediacom, Volks, Epoch C-works, Azone, Marmit…probably a couple more. They didn’t turn out to be the pattern books I thought they were and only have two patterns each.
Costume Doll Collection contains:
* Basic tutorial on how to make a doll using Volks products. Hair cutting, using decals, painting a face, removing seamlines and using alternate hand sets are covered.
* Photography tutorial. Hints on lighting, photography set ups and photoshopping backgrounds.
* A black and white article on the making of Volk’s Lost Angels series.
* Kyoko is on a Volks EB-B? body. Her outfit is an oversized, dress shirt with long, billowy sleeves and capri leggings.
Ami is also a Volks EB-B (I think) and her outfit is a short dress with ribbon straps, plus instructions for a bag and panties..
Costume Doll Collection 2 contains:
* Ehhh…not much. Nothing really noteworthy
* Rena is on a Volks Neo body of some kind, either the Neo F or the Neo Teen.
Her costume includes a hat (garrison cap?), bra top, knee length skirt with slit and a long, high collared leg of mutton-sleeved jacket that belts at the waist.
* Toshiya is a Volks Goh. His outfit consists of a pair of pants and a high collared, belted millitary jacket.
If you are looking for a Dollfie version of Dolly* Dolly or Doll Coordinate Recipe, don’t bother. If you have to choose between the two volumes and you aren’t desperate for military chic/Goh patterns, get the first one.
YASSS. One of the local Walmart is finally getting new stuff in. Most of the new stuff. (The other one seems to still be trying to sell off the old stock to make room)
Gooliope is HUGE. I don’t know, I just pictured her smaller. And I pictured the Frightmares a bit larger.
The new Bratz were in. I want some of the clothing sets but they are $10 CAD and I think the shoes might be even bigger than the original ones. I…don’t think I have a use for shoes that large. If they were more like the ones before the hiatus, I could use them as almost-in-scale shoe-feet for bigger dolls. Maybe I could get them on sale for a few bucks less? I want that stripey one!
The Disney Descendants were there. Didn’t look really closely. I should be trying to evaluate them on their own merits, rather than a source of sweet, sweet bodies.
My Little Pony. They had the new EQG dolls, which I barely looked at because they also had the Friendship is Magic Collection.
(That’s a super generic real name for the Apple family-centric series. They should have called it “Family is Magic”)
A lot of the selection was picked over but they did have the Apple Bloom and Babs set, The SECS6000, the juice stand and the barn. I want the barn but it’s a lot more expensive and I still have to figure out where I would store it. Did grab the juice stand and AB with Babs. Sweetie…Babs. I don’t get it. Why would they have to rename the character “Sweetie Babs” for the toy? “Babs Seed” is unusual enough to be copyrighted. Whatever, she’s still adorable as hell, whatever Hasbro calls her.
I had a doll related dream a week or so ago. We were cleaning up the house for a move and Is sorting junk I hadn’t seen in years.
Some of the things I found in the dream were:
* A couple 1 1/2″ dolls. One was Anne from Akage no Anne, that had a button in back that played music. Cha Cha from Akazukin Chacha. And similarly sized doll with multiple heads.
* A watermelon-headed Quint-type doll with a button in back to make the head light up.
* A bunch of BigEye Skippers.
Analysis: I have been trying to sort through my junk and the idea of finding treasures while cleaning or shopping in a thrift store is a common theme in my dreams. Finding something you forgot you had is like thrifting except FOR FREE! 😀 I have also been looking at sites with vintage Japanese dolls, including one that had an Akazukin Chacha doll. I watched Akage no Anne dubbed in French as a kid and I think the watermelon child may have been inspired by Steven Universe. I also responded to a most on Tumblr about the BigEye Skippers recently and how I had one when I was little. (Must finish that reroot…)
Hadn’t noticed before but DGRequiem had to switch over to “code words” for their doll patterns to avoid running afoul of Mattel. The boy sizes are “Large” for Ken, “Medium” for EAH and “Slimline” for MH. Barbie is a “Medium Fashion Doll”, Blythe is “Petite” and MH/EAH girls are “Petite Slimline”.